Something that has always set Busuu apart from a lot of our competitors is the human element. This is at the heart of everything we do because our end goal is to improve communication with people.
It’s with this in mind that the reason behind why we’ve designed all of our language courses is around empowering people to communicate in a way that is meaningful and impactful.
Busuu’s clear objective is to help learners build speaking confidence, thereby reaching fluency much faster - this means your team can start making a meaningful impact on global business much quicker. This is done by teaching in bite-sized chunks and then having knowledge reinforced via our 120 million-strong community of native speakers.
To help with the learning process, and to assist with our live and group lessons, is our app uses a tremendous amount of AI, whereby users will answer just a few questions and then receive a placement within the app to the precise CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Language) level that their learning journey needs to start. Another way our app uses AI is in our smart grammar and vocabulary review where answers are graded as strong, medium or weak in order to determine which areas need additional work. It can sometimes be easy to forget with this fantastic technology on hand that the human element is still very much needed. This is why we have our community on hand to support your employees through any areas of language learning if they require extra help.
Busuu language learning app: A walkthrough
When your employees are beginning on their language journey, the app is not only convenient but also offers access to the Busuu community which is conducive to building fluency.
This step-by-step guide will help learners understand how to use the app, starting their learning journey off in the right way:
- Start by setting up your account via the Busuu email sent to you
- Click ‘Register Now’ at the bottom of the email
- Select the language you want to start learning
- Once the account is created, the first thing is to tell Busuu what level you’re at. If you’re a complete beginner, you can start at the beginning of the programme, however, if you have some experience, then you can take a quick placement test to see where you’re best placed to continue from
- You will then be asked which level you want to achieve and your main goal for learning this language. You can choose from the following:
- Learn for fun and culture
- Develop professionally
- Feel like a local when I travel
- Communicate with friends and family
- Help with my education
- You can now set up your study plan. This is to tell Busuu when you’d like to learn. You can choose how many days a week, which days, how many minutes each day and the level you want to achieve. The flexibility of the app is a huge benefit as it can be easily worked into busy schedules, without impacting everyday life or your language learning progress. If you opt to turn on notifications, then you’ll get reminders when you should be studying to keep you on track and motivated with your learning (it’s recommended you study for 10, 15 or 20 minutes a day, little and often)
- Following this setup, your study plan is now complete and you’ll be given an expected date for when you should reach your language goal following using the Busuu language learning app.
Ensuring your employees have everything they need to help them on their way to learning languages will mean they are in the best place to make progress immediately, thereby enabling you to see business benefits, such as inclusivity and more advanced global interaction straight away.
Image source: Busuu